LAM Alaska IP Status program documentation

LAM Alaska IP Status program documentation

The IPStatus Common Gateway Interface (CGI) Perl script uses a module of the libwww-perl collection to get the router status information from the internal router and display it to the outside world.
Friday, May 8, 2015 - I updated the ASUS RT-AC66U Wireless Router Firmware. This caused the IPStatus program to break becasue the page title I had been testing for was changed. I replaced a test of the page title with a test for function wanlink_status in the page. The Firmware update left the page mostly the same but with no page title. The 5GHz N+AC mode UI issue I was complaining about was fixed 11/25/2015 according to the release notes. It also looks like a couple of ssl vulnerabilities were fixed as well. The admin web interface had been failing but that might have been my IPStatus page unable to deal with the strong suggestion that I update the firmware.

My ASUS OPlay! works over wireless again.

Saturday, July 26, 2014 - I made a number of changes to get the page to work with the new ASUS RT-AC66U instead of the Netgear WPNT834 which was failing regularly. The ASUS RT-AC66U does not report the "DHCP Server" and reports all values with javascript code. Instead of "Lease Obtained" the lease duration is reported. I used a humanTime function to report the "Lease Expires" and "Lease Time" values with "Lease Expires" color highlighting based on > 2/3 of lease time remaining.
Saturday, April 19, 2014 @ 9:14:51 PM (Alaska Time) - Added a $timeLeaseColor to highlight 'Lease Obtained' with the 'Change Detected color' when lease obtained in the future. This has been happening with the new IP Address I got with the new cable modem.
Saturday, January 24, 2009 @ 9:22:23 PM (Alaska Time) - Added links to program source, revision history, pending changes and such that are available via the LAM::displaySource() function. I updated both the cgi-pl and programs for Better Configuration File handling based on the newly created program.
Thursday, January 22, 2009 @ 6:22:20 PM (Alaska Time) - I am up to version 1.16 of the program and will no longer report the 401 Unauthorized error when the first request by the program for the router status information from the internal router results in this response. Instead I issue a second request with the same credentials. The second request is required if the authentication time limit has expired. I first addressed this in the program which sends an email message with a html formatted table similar to that generated by the IPStatus.cgi-pl program.
Sunday, January 4, 2009 @ 2:48:02 AM
I published version 1.11 to the public side of the site and then made a couple of minor changes.
This program works but has only rudimentary error processing. If the program recieves an unexpected response, it just displays the raw data received which could be from an internal response such as no route to host or which could be from the router but as before an unexpected response. This program only executes a single request to my router for status information and parse the results. If the results are as expected the response is parsed and redisplayed as a simple table of labels and values if the IP status information.

This version gets unexpected results if the program has not been executed for a while because my router requires authentication and authentication requires a second request with proper credentials supplied if the previous authentication has expired.

Because this is an interactive program that second request is easily supplied with the reload or refresh function of a browser. (Just click again!)

Although only rudimentary error checking is performed by the program I was satisfied by the display of: and the fact that display of the expected response is satisfactory.
66 visits (5 today, 22 this week, 38 this month, 66 this year)
Uptime: 23:45:56 up 9 days, 5:13, 6 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00 GET from server

Saturday, July 13, 2024 @ 11:45:56 PM